Monday, March 22, 2010

And other things.

Hey! Books! I'm reading some!

Finished:

Equal Rites.
I lost this one in the sofa, apparently, with only 10 pages to go. I had visions of having to pay the library $90 (or whatever unholy sum it would cost) for a $6.99 paperback. Jared found it when we were moving things for the carpet cleaner so I was able to finish it yesterday and save myself the unholy sum. Whew. Close call.

Bill Bryson's Neither Here Nor There.
If Bill Bryson published a daily log of his meals and bathroom usage I would read it. Stick him in Bulgaria and I think I've died and gone to heaven. That man brings The Funny and The Did He Just Say That? like nobody. I love every word. Love.


Up Next:

Crap, I have no idea. I never started that Jane as vampire book... I have a few other books at home I've been dying to read... and I got some good recommendations here and elsewhere. I'll start something tonight, for sure.

2 comments:

Marie Green said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog!

Also, I can see you are reading the Maude Hart-Lovelace books. I live very near Mankato (known on my blog as Bigger Town), I work in Mankato, all of my babies were born in Mankato, I go to Target in Mankato... and several of my besties live in Betsy/Tacy's neighborhood. In fact, one of my friends lives right across the street from Tacy's house (or is it Betsy's?).

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I need to start reading those books with my 7 year olds, and then take them to Betsy/Tacy days.

Also, wondering what got you interested in reading those books? I guess I thought they were more "local interest" only!

Katie said...

Hey Marie! Long story short, my father-in-law bought me two of the later books for Christmas. I couldn't start in the middle so I checked the first ones out from the library and just got sucked in.

I've always liked children's lit and young adult books, and I loved that this series moved from adorable children's books into great YA novels as Betsy grew up. I am hoping for a little girl to share them with some day too!

That is AWESOME you live in/around Mankato. How fun? I love towns with literary pasts... I'm always daydreaming of trips to visit places from favorite books. Maybe one day. :)