Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Finished:

Yesterday I finished Betsy-Tacy, and then I read all of Betsy-Tacy and Tib. So so cute. These books are so simple but so lovely. I want a daughter to share them with. On to the next Betsy book - Betsy and Tacy Go Over the Big Hill.

Last week I finished Thief of Time, finally. Not his best, but good. I am working on The Color of Magic, which is the first Discworld book by Terry Pratchett. I've already an easy dozen of the Discworld novels, and I'd tried to read this book once before. I think I made it 10 pages that time. Now that I know and love that World that much more, I'm finding it easier to get in to.

Tuesday is library night in my house, but I've had a stack of books I've been tackling already so I'll limit myself to one or none.

Don't think it counts as a "read" but I have also been enjoying Ken Burns' National Parks book, which I checked out at the library. Beautiful pictures, great stories, and I didn't get to see the whole miniseries so I'm loving browsing the book for what I missed. Makes me want to get out and see more of the National Parks. But who has the time? Nah, for now I'll just keep reading.

No comments: